Canadian Chess Biographies
Researched, compiled, written and copyright 2000-12 by David Cohen. Last updated: 2012.09.19.
Main web site & contact: Canadian Chess.
Index - O
Photo: 2000 Toronto Summer International - Blitz. Copyright 2000 by the photographer Mark S. Dutton.
- 2010 Captain, Canada's Olympiad National Team
- 2003 FIDE Master
- 2005 Toronto Grand Prix Champion
Photo: 2010 Ottawa Autumn Open. Copyright 2010 by the photographer David Cohen.
- Created the chess game between Professor X, played by Patrick Stewart, and Magneto, played by Ian McKellen, in the film X-Men, 2000, filmed in Toronto
- 1994 Represented Canada at Olympiad
- 1993 Awarded International Master title
- 1992 Represented Canada at Olympiad
- 1990 Represented Canada at Olympiad
- 1988 Represented Canada at Olympiad
- 1981 Canadian Cadet Champion
Photo: 1935 Canadian Championship, Canadian Chess Championship Tournament 1935, 1935.
- Represented Canada at Olympiad 1939
- Canadian Correspondence Champion 1935
- CCCA Champion 1931
Photo: Hart House, Toronto, 2008. Copyright 2008 by the photographer David Cohen.
- 2012 Represented Canada at Women's Olympiad
- 2012 Ontario Girls Grade 12 Champion
- 2011 Canadian Girls Under-18 Champion (Top Girl in Under-18 Open)
- 2011 Ontario Girls Grade 11 Champion
- 2010 Awarded title Woman Candidate Master
- 2010 Represented Canada at Women's Olympiad
- 2008 9th place, World Youth Under-14 Girls Championship
- 2008 Canadian Girls Under-14 Champion
- 2008 Ontario Girls Under-16 Champion
- 2008 Canadian Junior Girl Champion
- 2007 Canadian Girls Under-14 Champion
- 2006 Ontario Girls Grade 6 Champion
- 2006 Ontario Girls Under-12 Champion
- 2005 Canadian Girls Under-12 Champion
- 2005 Ontario Girls Under-12 Champion
- 2004 Ontario Girls Under-10 Champion