Canadian Chess Biographies
Researched, compiled, written and copyright 2000-18 by David Cohen. Last updated: 2018.10.25.
Main web site & contact: Canadian Chess.
Index - U
- 2005-8 GMC Norm, 2nd place, 21st World Correspondence Championship Final, with undefeated 8.5/14 (+3 =11); Ugge claims that as he was age 68 when the tournament started, he is the oldest player in the history of chess to win a medal in a World Championship
- 2005 Awarded Correspondence Grandmaster title
- 2003-06 GMC Norm, won 22nd World Correspondence Championship Candidates tournament,
Section 1, with undefeated 8.5/12 (+5 =7)
- 2001-06 GMC Norm, 3rd place, Carlos Maximo Portela Memorial A, 11.5/16 (+7 =9)
- 1999 Correspondence Senior International Master title
- 1988-93 Board 2, Canada, Silver medal team, 5th ICCF Panamerican Team Championship; 2nd place undefeated 7/9 (+5 =4)
- 1992 3rd place, 6th North American Correspondence Championship
- 1985-89 Board 2, Canada, 2nd North Atlantic Team Tournament; =2nd place undefeated 6/9 (+3 =6)
- 1984-88 Board 2, Canada, Silver medal team, 4th ICCF Panamerican Team Championship; 1st place undefeated 7/9 (+5 =4)
- 1986 Awarded Correspondence International Master title
Source: QCC Trillium #3/Fall 2009, Ontario Public Service, reprinted CHECK! 569, 2009.12