Researched, compiled, written and copyright 2000-7 by David Cohen. Last updated: 2007.05.01.
Main web site & contact: Canadian Chess.
I am looking for the following photos, games and information for my Canadian Chess
web site. If you can help, please e-mail me - thank you!! - David Cohen.
Any biography without a photo!
- Start of Lynn Stringer-Diane Mongeau 1981 Canadian Women's Ch; finish
is in Jonathan Berry's Globe & Mail column
- Larry Bevand loss to Kevin Spraggett, published in the early 1970s in a
Montreal newspaper chess column
- Veselinovic-Collen Canada 70
- Finish of Hoiberg - Nava Shterenberg '76 Wom Ol
- Published games of Danny Goldenberg: 2 in Russian chess books; those
in magazines Eurochess, New in Chess, Chess Life
- Roman Pelts win over GM Ivanovic at Canadian Open 1978 Hamilton
- Bryon Nickoloff back to back wins against GMs Dmitry Gurevich and
Robert Byrne at a US tournament
- Harry Kaminker win over Peter Biyiasas, Vancouver Open, June 11-19, 1977
- William Klarner win over Kevin Spraggett at Open, Belleville 1982.03,
- Elod Macskasy win over Future World Champion Smyslov, Clock Simul,
- ANY WIN by the following players: George Barry, Marie Bernard, Lia Bogdan,
Marie-Therese Chaput, John Cherriman, A.T. Davison, Joseph
Ferencz, Richard Fleming, Bernard Freedman, Alex Knox, Daniel
MacAdam, Edwin Pope, Kalev Pugi, Julia Sarwer, John Schleinich, Josef Smolij.
- A win by Robert G. Wade in Canada in 1947 (Canadian Championship or tour)
- ANY GAME from the following Canadian Championships: 1872,
- Source for Commonwealth Chess Association honourary titles (2005: GM
Day, IM Divinsky)
- Printed references to Joe Smolij, especially Guinness Book of Records;
and Sports Illustrated.
- What was the first name of E. Sanderson?
- Any reference to chess in Canada before 1759
- Who won the 5th Canadian Correspondence Chess Championship 1938
(K-6) run by
CCCA: J.H. Henriksen or W.E. Frank Fillery? The result of the tournament
depended on the result of their individual game, as they
were otherwise tied for clear first place.
- Birthdate of Stephen Francis Smith (1860-1 in Ontario)
- Dates FIDE titles were awarded to Canadians; see
- Canadian Rating List 1955, 1956, 1958, 1959, 1960
Canadian Championship cross-tables
I am looking for
cross-tables for the following Canadian Championships
s = I have the standings
- 1897 s - I have final only
- 1899 s - I have final only
- 1910 s
- 1920 s
- 1931 s
- 1932 s
- 1933 s
- 1946 s - I have final only