Canadian Chess - Sponsor Us - Executive Summary
Written and copyright 2011 by David Cohen.
Main web site & contact: Canadian Chess.
The Canadian Chess community is categorized by children and their parents; and a multi-cultural aspect. Most kids learn to play the game by Grade 3; as well, parents are involved in their child's education. The game is popular world-wide for players and fans, especially on-line and with ethnic groups whose cultures include chess.
- 2011 Canadian Open Chess Championship, Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- 2011 Visit by World Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand, Toronto
- 2012 Canadian Chess Championship, Toronto
- 2012 Canadian National & Women's Teams at the Chess Olympiad, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2016 World Chess Olympiad, bid by Toronto
- Chess in the schools
- Association with smart, ability to reach decision makers and leaders.
- Association with a popular, non-violent sport.
- Ability to reach children and their parents.
- Ability to reach ethnic communities in Canada.
- Ability to reach foreign markets in countries where chess is popular.